Location: Westborough, MA
Reports to: Chief Opertating Officer
Financial Foundations is an independent financial planning, wealth management, and consulting firm. We live by our motto: Complicated Made Simple ®. We take this mantra seriously and with this, strive to make our clients lives as simple as possible by providing a variety of comprehensive services and tools. Financial Foundations values its relationship with Commonwealth Financial Network ®.
Financial Foundations has developed a mentor program called the Ideal Practice®. The candidate will start immersing themselves in obtaining all of the necessary licenses, professional designations, technical expertise (i.e. creating financial plans, building client portfolios, securities analysis, tax preparation, 401k plan design, life insurance analysis, long term care insurance analysis) as well as mastering each step of the company’s unique process, The Personal Foundation Builder®. Once the candidate has successfully achieved all of their back stage capabilities they will begin working side by side with a senior member of the advisor staff, interacting with clients, presenting plans, and networking with other professionals. With this career path, the position will keep the candidate in the backstage working closely with a senior advisors book of business. The ultimate goal for this role is to be the go to person for that senior advisor, allowing their clients to have supreme service.
Spearhead special projects on an as needed basis.
- Support Financial Advisor in the following areas:
- Investment Research & Analysis - master the portfolio development process supporting the advisory team with general and unique client requests. Will work closely with the Financial Foundations Portfolio Manager.
- Long-term care & Life Insurance process – effectively utilize Commonwealth Financial Network resources to request quotes/illustrations, prepare paperwork, deliver completed policies, and collect first payment.
- Financial Plan Creation - Build Financial Plans through our planning software for clients, which are specific to the client's goals and objectives. Help with implementing recommendations as a result of the financial plan.
- Distributions – Fulfill client cash flow needs while maintaining investment portfolio integrity and incorporating upcoming portfolio rebalancing requests.
- Scheduling & preparation for client meetings
- Anticipate Financial Advisor needs and handle them proactively
- Make suggestions to systematize and improve office function
- Use superior customer service skills to build client relationships by phone, email, and face to face contact
- Use Commonwealth’s services, such as COMMunity Link® and online trading, efficiently
- Spearhead projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelors degree
- Series 7, 63 & 65 or 66 required, and insurance licenses, preferred but not required
- 3-5 years prior financial industry experience
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Financial Foundations is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Financial Foundations discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.